Erosion and Sediment Control Practitioner (ESCP™)
Applied, hands-on erosion and sediment control training. Enhance your erosion and sediment control skills, confidence, qualifications, and credibility. Obtain your industry-recognized Erosion and Sediment Control Practitioner (ESCP™) Certificate and join the thousands of participants from coast-to-coast who have benefited from this Erosion and Sediment Control training.
EROSION AND SEDIMENT CONTROL PRACTITIONER (ESCP™)
ESCP™ is the new designation for VOI Training Group's Erosion and Sediment Control course. There has been no substantive change to this training course. If you have previously completed VOI's Erosion and Sediment Control training course and would like to receive a certificate with the ESCP™ designation, please contact us and request an updated certificate.
Erosion and transport of soil by water and wind is a primary environmental protection and management activity on most development sites. There are a broad range of practices and materials available for effective erosion and sediment control. However, understanding the purpose of these practices and materials is not necessarily intuitive. This can make the correct selection, installation and inspection and maintenance of erosion and sediment controls frustrating often leading to poor erosion and sediment control outcomes.
The objective of the Erosion and Sediment Control Practitioner (ESCP™) Certificate training course is to investigate the fundamentals of effective erosion and sediment control practice. This starts with an understanding of what erosion is and the primary factors that influence soil erosion. What follows is a purposeful progression to the correct and timely selection, installation, inspection and maintenance of erosion and sediment controls. The purpose, benefits and limitations of commonly used, effective erosion and sediment control practices is explored through classroom lectures and in-the-field, hands-on application of erosion and sediment control practices and materials.
Erosion and sediment control practices that are discussed and explored in this course include:
- Site assessment methodology for erosion and sediment control.
- Vegetation preservation and management.
- Assessing soil texture.
- Slope gradient measurement.
- Drainage controls.
- Rolled erosion control products including erosion control blankets and turf reinforcement mats.
- Organic and inorganic mulches including hydraulically applied mulches.
- Organic fiber rolls.
- Seeding and seed mixtures.
- Soil amendments.
- Check dams.
- Other soil cover and revegetation options.
- Slope drains.
- Effective practices to control wind erosion.
- Sediment fencing.
- Sediment retention berms.
- Sediment retention ponds.
- Riprap design and installation.
If time and location permits, a tour to assess erosion and sediment control practices on local sites is usually a great opportunity to reconfirm the very important connection between erosion and sediment control theory and the implementation of effective practice.
Looking to improve your qualifications and impress employers and clients?
Many employers consider Erosion and Sediment Control Practitioner essential skills training. Completion of this course will greatly enhance your expertise, credibility and marketability.
- If you are looking for a career booster or want to improve your employability, Erosion and Sediment Control Practitioner is a qualification that employers and clients are looking for. Stand out from the crowd!
- Dartmouth, NS. Oct. 16-18, 2018
- Abbotsford, BC. March 12-14, 2019
- Kamloops, BC. April 3-5, 2019
- Cochrane, AB. April 16-18, 2019
- Saskatoon, SK. April 24-26, 2019
- Winnipeg, MB. Apr. 30 - May 2, 2019
- Thunder Bay, ON. May 14-16, 2019
- Newmarket, ON. May 22-24, 2019
- London, ON. May 28-30, 2019
- North Bay, ON. June 4-6, 2019
Course Certificate qualifications
Course participants will receive an industry-recognized Erosion and Sediment Control Practitioner (ESCP™) Certificate if:
- They attend all three days of the training course.
- Actively participate in field exercises (some exercises can be a real workout!).
- Achieve a grade of 70% or higher on the course Knowledge Evaluation.
Erosion and Sediment Control Practitioner is applicable to a very broad audience, regardless of previous erosion and sediment control experience.
- Environmental consultants, professionals, and technicians.
- Engineering consultants, professionals, technologist and technicians.
- Geologic and geotechnical consultants, professionals and technicians.
- Industry stakeholders.
- Regulatory and enforcement personnel.
- Project managers and contract developers.
- Design managers and personnel.
- Construction contract administrators.
- Construction supervisors and foremen.
- Equipment operators and labourers.
- First Nations stakeholders.
Erosion and Sediment Control Practitioner Certificate is 3 days in duration.
Day 1: Erosion and sediment control theory and practice (classroom)
Day 2: Application of erosion and sediment control practices (field)
Day 3: Application of erosion and sediment control practices (field)
Other Important Course Information
COURSE MATERIALS VOI TRAINING GROUP PROVIDES:
- All participants will receive an Erosion and Sediment Control manual.
CLASSROOM SUPPLIES PARTICIPANTS PROVIDE:
- Writing instruments
FIELD EQUIPMENT AND SUPPLIES PARTICIPANTS PROVIDE:
- Required Day 2 and 3 field equipment:
- Other Day 2 and 3 field equipment:
- Every participant does not need to be bring the following equipment. However, 3 or 4 of each of the following are required. If you have one or more of the following items, please bring it with you.
- Personal gear and supplies:
- Suitable clothing for physical activity (many of the field activities can be strenuous)
- Firm-soled boots suitable for digging.
- Work gloves
- Insect repellent
- Lunch and snacks (most field sites are remote and there is usually no access to restaurants or stores)
- Hi-vis vest
- Safety glasses
- Hard hat
More Information Required?
Contact Us and we will be happy to answer your questions and/or forward additional information.